Reviews

maandag 24 november 2014

A new Beauty Blog is born

Hi Everyone! 

I finally decided to just do it; I’m just gonna start my own beauty blog. I have been fascinated by makeup since I was 14 and not a day goes by without me thinking about it. I tried to start my own Youtube channel for four times now and every time I just stopped making video’s after a while. Thinking “What the hell am I even doing, I feel stupid talking in front of a camera and telling about my makeup because I’m not even sure if somebody will even be interested in what I have to say..” So I lost my motivation and just felt silly. But today, four failed attempts later, I still want the same things. I still want to start a beauty channel, I still love talking about makeup.


“If you so badly want to start a makeup channel in Youtube, then why start a blog?” one might think. Well, I have also been wandering with the idea to start a blog for some time, but that never really seemed like it would be something for me. It takes a lot more time and effort to run a successful blog. I didn’t think I’d have the patience and dedication for that.

However, when I reconsidered, starting a blog was actually just the perfect thing to do for me! 

To start with;  I love to write. I'm not talking about entire novels or anything like that, but just short articles for for example a school essay or about my thoughts. I have heard too many times that my style of writing is appealing, so I was sure I  had to do something with it.


Second, I love makeup. I so badly want to share my thoughts about makeup with somebody, but never really have had many friends who are interested in makeup on the same level as I am. The fact that I could be able to share it with the whole world is very exciting for me.


 And third, given the fact that my Youtube channel didn’t really work out for me, but I still want to start a 5th time, I thought to myself: “This is more than just an impulsive desire”. I still want to make this into something successful, I AM dedicated and I AM patient. So it might be a good idea to start with a blog first. I can get comfortable ‘talking’ (or writing) to people I don’t know, and who can judge me for whatever I have to say. When I feel like I’m ready to start a 5th time, I can just post my video on my blog. I won’t give up!!


I feel like, if you want something so bad that even after you have tried for four times and you still cannot let go of the thought of having a Youtube channel, you should just continue to try it! I’m only 20 years old, I still have so much time to figure it all out, my channel but also my blog. On this blog I will mostly post articles about makeup and reviews about product, but I would also like to post articles about stuff that’s on my mind. I already have a bunch of ideas written down so I can’t wait to get started with this new project! I have a lot of free time on my hands right now so I would love to see how this works out! :D





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten